We can assist you in creating a Single Will to decide what happens to your assets after you pass away.
What is a Single Will?
A Single Will is a Will created for one person, and these can be created if you have a partner and if you do not.
A Single Will can be a good option if you feel that Mirror Wills are not right for you, if you are a single parent or if your partner already has a Will in place that they do not wish to change.
What are the benefits of a Single Will?
A Single Will enables you to make your own decisions about what happens to your assets and possessions after you pass away.
This can include:
- Choosing who your Executors should be
- Deciding who to appoint as Legal Guardians of your children if they are under 18 years of age when you pass away
- Choosing a charity if you should wish to do so
- Deciding who you want to benefit from your assets and possessions, and how
- Specifying the amount of inheritance for your children and when they receive this
When is the best time to make a Single Will?
Whilst we would always recommend making a Will as early on in life as possible, there are a few key milestones where it makes sense to either create a Will or have your existing Will reviewed.
These milestones include:
- Purchasing a property
- Getting married or entering into a civil partnership
- Having children
- Going through a divorce or separation
North West Office
Simple Single Will: £100 (plus VAT at 20% £20.00)
Simple Single Will: £175 (plus VAT at 20% £35.00)
A simple single Will is a straightforward Will. For example smaller estates, no tax planning required and a small number of beneficiaries.
To discuss your options and requirements, call us now on 0300 303 3629 or alternatively you can send us an enquiry using our contact form.
Learn about the latest news and updates happening within the legal industry.